My Farmville Today

My Farmville Today

Monday, June 13, 2011

Last night I made a huge composting pit

Last night I created a huge composting pit.  Before, I had a small composting unit, but it sucked and now  I have graduated to the mega composting arena- a huge compost area which is enclosed by a fence. It's actually large enough for me to walk into.  This excites me.  I now have a place to dump...

GRASS CLIPPINGS
LEAF CLIPPINGS
OLD PRODUCE
EGG SHELLS
FRUIT RINES
CARDBOARD
MANURE
STRAW

THEY SAY

1/2 GREEN
1/2 BROWN


And because i can walk into my composting area, i can keep it aerated by being able to turn over the compost with a shovel. By next spring, this area will be full of Black Gold, rich composted soil that I can transport to Farmville via a wheel barrow.  Despite the 20 mosquito bites on my legs and arms, that occur when working in the compost pit, Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment