My Farmville Today

My Farmville Today

Monday, June 13, 2011

I LOVE RED CABBAGE... #3 SUPER FOOD & My Best kept Salad Secret

3. Red Cabbage
All varieties of cabbages and related plants, including such popular choices as broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts and bok choy, are very rich sources of calcium. However, red cabbage is one of the best sources of not only calcium, but flavonoids. These flavonoids are responsible for the rich purple color of red cabbage, and they are thought to have strong antioxidant properties. Red cabbage is perhaps the richest source of flavonoids in the vegetable world.

Wanna spruce up your salad...start adding shredded cabbage today.  I mean buy a head of red cabbage from the store and whenever your making a salad, cut some of it up and put shreds into your lettuce mix.
I mean, i get more compliments from on my salads, and it is all because of the cabbage.

This is my best salad recipe.

Boston Cabbage (cut up)
Shredded Red Cabbage (equal amount as the lettuce)
Provel Cheese Ropes
Cranberries (dried)
Ramen Noodles crunched up
Sweet Italian Dressing

MMMMM GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment